Sometimes women experiencing an unplanned pregnancy make an adoption plan early in their pregnancy to receive assistance throughout their pregnancy, have time to develop a relationship with their chosen adoptive family and to mentally prepare themselves. Other times, women may not make a final decision about adoption until they have gotten to the hospital, sometimes this happens before labor and delivery and sometimes after.
Reasons women choose adoption when they are in the hospital getting ready to or just having delivered their baby:
- They were in denial about their pregnancy.
- They couldn’t decide what to do and they procrastinated about making an adoption decision.
- They wanted to see if CPS/DCS (Child Protective Services) would get involved.
- They wanted to wait and see what would happen at the hospital
- They wanted to see if their friends and family showed up to support them.
- If you have already spoken to the hospital social worker regarding your adoption plan- call us at (623) 695-4112.
- If you have not spoken to the hospital social worker regarding your adoption plan- call us at (623) 695-4112, we will contact the hospital social worker for you or you can call her after you call us.
- What is most important is that you call us immediately at (623) 695-4112– regardless of the day or time. We are open 24/7 and can be at the hospital within an hour.
- Do not leave the hospital until we arrive, there is some paperwork the hospital will want you to sign regarding your adoption plan before you leave.
- Regardless of when you choose adoption as the best plan for you and your baby, we can help, and you are not alone.
Choosing adoption means choosing an option with support, adoption aftercare services and access to financial resources. Adoption is a beautiful choice and one that is increasingly becoming a more popular choice. If you are pregnant and are considering adoption, we are a licensed, full-service, non-profit Arizona Adoption Agency. We believe in adoption aftercare services and have a program on site to provide continued support through the Donna K. Evans Foundation. You can contact us 24/7 at (623) 695-4112.
You are not alone, and we want to help, thank you for considering adoption, you are making an amazing choice. Call or Text: (623) 695-4112.