Are you pregnant and a teenager living in Arizona?
Arizona State Laws Regarding Teenagers and Adoption
- In the State of Arizona, by law you do not need your parents’ consent (or agreement) to place your baby for adoption.
- In the State of Arizona, your parents will need to sign all your medical releases. You will sign all medical releases for the baby.
“Adolescent childbearing has negative consequences for mother and child; both generally complete less education, have lower socioeconomic status, and have poorer health compared to individuals without an adolescent birth.” Raneri and Wiemann 2007; Rosengard 2009
- Approximately 77 percent of teenage pregnancies are unplanned.
- Parenting is the leading reason that teenage girls drop out of school.
- More than 50 percent of teen mothers never graduate from high school.
- 8 out of 10 teen dads don’t marry the mother of their child.
We understand that you and your parents may need Support in making an adoption choice. Our Arizona adoption agency offers tons of support, including:
- counseling sessions with an adoption counselor
- 24hour/7 days a week case management
- Assistance with transportation (with parental permission)
- financial assistance
- adoption aftercare
- and more