For over a decade and a half, we have been assisting women with their adoption plans in Arizona, we understand adoption; both personally and professionally. We’ll help you create an Arizona adoption plan that is tailored for you so you have the adoption journey you want to have. We understand that when you make an adoption choice, you want to start now. We are ready and able to help you right away. We help you during your pregnancy, as well as after delivery through our adoption aftercare program; the Donna K. Evans Foundaiton.
AZ Pregnancy Help/Building Arizona Families Offers
- Contact and support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Financial assistance with living expenses
- Creating Arizona adoption plan that is right for you
- Assistance in selecting the perfect adoptive family for your baby
- Communication with your chosen adoptive family
- Closed or open adoptions in Arizona
- Lifelong post-placement aftercare services on site through our aftercare program: The Donna K. Evans Foundation
If you are pregnant and are planning to place your baby for adoption- you will pay no fees for your adoption. All adoption services for you are free. Additionally, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance with your living expenses.
Living expenses may include:
- Rent and utilities
- Food (We have a non-perishable food pantry on site.)
- Maternity Clothing (We have a maternity clothing closet on site.)
- Cell Phone Service
- Medical Expenses
- Adoption Counseling
- And much more
Building Arizona Families and AZ Pregnancy Help along with our adoptive families can pay your living expenses during your pregnancy.
The amount of financial assistance for adoption will depend on your living situation and your current financial situation. We understand that your living and financial situation may change throughout your pregnancy as well.
During your intake, we will gather information about your living and financial situation and start to see how we can help! The State of Arizona allows birth mothers to receive financial assistance during and shortly after pregnancy for reasonable living expenses. In Arizona, all living expenses are approved and regulated through our court system. As an adoption agency, if you are homeless, we can help you with housing the same day you begin your adoption intake and start making your adoption plan in Arizona. Our adoption case workers are experts in creating adoption plans and assisting you with financial assistance.
Answers To Your Common Questions
I'm ready to begin, what do I do now?
What will this cost me?
- When the adoptive parents come to the hospital?
- Who will your support system be at the hospital?
- If the adoptive parents can be in the delivery room?
- Do you want a natural delivery or would you prefer using medication?
- Who will hold the baby first?
- Will the baby stays in your room, the nursery, or in a room with the adoptive family?
- Will you or the adoptive family care for the baby?
- You can allow them to care for the baby, you can do it yourself, or you can all do it together. The baby can stay in your room, the adoptive parents’ room, or the nursery.
- How much time you would like alone with the baby?
- Would you like pictures of you and the baby?
- What would you like discharge from the hospital to look like?
What about the baby’s father?
I’m not sure who my baby’s father is. Can I still place my baby for adoption?
May I choose the family for my baby?
How do I know the family I select is safe?
Can I send my child gifts, pictures, etc.?
Can I choose what type of adoption I would like to do: open, semi-open or closed?
Yes. We believe in empowering women. You may choose either closed, semi-open, or open adoption in Arizona and we can explain both options so you may choose the best option for you and your baby.
What is an Open Adoption?
Open adoption in Arizona is choosing the family for your baby, sharing information, and agreeing to ongoing contact throughout the years. This contact may include phone calls, visiting with each other and the child, sharing photos and letters, and/or corresponding via e-mail.